The goal was to introduce the participants to the many possibilities that Processing offers through the animation of simple dots and lines. They created various applications where they drew, moved and animated lines and dots.
They were shown how to monitor data from the real world through KINECT sensors to use them as parameters for the final animations.
And finally, they created a visual instrument, which brought together the generative dot·line graphics, the interaction from the real world, and sound. This way, they were also able to play music LIVE with it.
The workshop proposed a previous introduction to Processing for those participants who'd never been in contact with code programming before.
1. Introduction to Processing. Drawing dots and lines.
2. Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming. Moving dots and lines.
3. The libraries. Animating dots and lines according to Physics.
4. Interactivity. Moving dots and lines with our body.
5. Sound. Design and implementation of a visual instrument.